Friday, August 18, 2017

Action!!!

Its Friday and its challenge time from the Daring Cardmakers.
 
 This is a 'word' challenge - the idea is that you use the word however you like.  For example it could be sports action, or film, film reel, clapperboard etc, or another Action phrase like 'Action Stations', or the card itself could have an action or moving element,   Or anything else inspired by the word.
 
Here is what I came up with.
 
 
I made a spinner card.  I am not sure if that's the correct name for it but the rocket orbits the earth.

 
To make this card I first cut a circle into the black card stock then added a smaller die cut circle to make a track.
 
I then cut the rocket from silver mirror card stock using the set called Spaced Out by Spellbinders.  I then added a little coin to the back to allow the rocket to spin. The earth die is set from spellbinders called Die D-Lites World and I cut this from white card stock and added some green and blue ink.
 
 

 
I then finished my card with a sentiment cut from mirror card stock using the Shapeabilities Simply Said Phrase One set.
 
Don't forget to check out the design team blogs to see how they use the word ACTION!!!
 
For more details about the die sets I have used please head over to the Spellbinders website.
 
 
 
Have a great weekend.
 
 

 

4 comments:

  1. Super card Dawn, it's a really clever idea and stunning design. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun spinner Dawn - one my boys would definitely appreciate! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet and fun card, Dawn! And I also like the combo of elegant colours and the playful theme. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great spinner card Dawn, love the black background with the mirror finish elements!

    ReplyDelete