Monday, March 13, 2017

Rough and Smooth

Hello everyone.

I was MIA last week due to our telephone company carrying out an upgrade on our internet.  Which was great news as it meant faster broadband.  But then we were hit with a storm of winds gusting up to 110km an hour.  As it was very windy a tree blew down near our house and pulled out the phone line.  So now we are awaiting the arrival of the phone company to repair it and I am not sure when it will be.

Anyway I am afraid I couldn't post last weeks challenge from Daring Cardmakers and I am a bit late with this weeks.

This weeks challenge is hosted by Joanne and is called "taking the rough with the smooth".  So this week we would like to see something smooth and rough on your cards.

I think I went with the easy option this week and picked glitter for my rough and mirri card for my smooth.

I made some Star Wars characters using the Owl builder punch from Stampin Up.  I had so much fun creating them.
 
 

 
I then got my geek on and thought outside the box.  A scene in the film sees CP3O not been able to go the same way as R2D2 as it was much to rocky (another rough element).

I think my brother would appreciate my post as he is such a fan of Star Wars.
 
 

I then continued the space/sci fi theme with lots of die cut stars and some star embossing on some lovely black mirri card.

Hope you can stop by the Design Team Blogs for more inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment