Sunday, October 30, 2016

Sparkle and Shine

Hello everyone.
 
I am a few days late with this post as yesterday it was my daughters school Halloween party and on Friday I was busy making cakes for the school.
 
Its Nats turn to host this weeks challenge at Daring Cardmakers.
 
This has got to be my favourite challenge because its called....
 
Sparkle and Shine
 
I just love a bit of bling on a card ( or a lot ).
 
So If you still have your Christmas cards to make this is the perfect challenge for you.  But it doesn't have to be Christmas.
 
All you need to do is feature plenty of sparkle and shine on your cards.  This could be anything glitter related, gems, sequins, powder, ink etc....
 
I came up with a Christmas card as I wanted to use my favourite Christmas papers from My Minds Eye called sugar plum.  They do feature lots of papers with glitter accents but I didn't use any of those, not sure why.  But I used glitter card and a few sequins on my project.
 
 
I die cut some snowflakes in glitter card using a die from Spellbinders.
With kraft card I decided to use my wood grain embossing folder from Stampin Up just to add some more texture.

 
I then had to include one of my favourite embellishments for Christmas a little jingle bell.

 
Hope you can stop by the Design Team Blogs and get your sparkle on.
 
xXx


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Dawn - I love the design and use of snowflakes. Look forward to seeing more of your beautiful designs. Shabneez xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Dawn, love the sparkle you have brought to this card and all those snowflakes! xx

    ReplyDelete