Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Book Folding

I have seen this craft around for a while now whilst browsing through Pinterest and I thought these are beautiful and I gave it ago.

So here are a few of my book folding projects.  I have just started out with the basics mainly birdcages and bird/fairy houses.  I hope to have a go at folding some words but I need to download some patterns first which I have seen to buy on Etsy.

 
This one is made using a hard backed book and I have lined the inside with papers from Prima.

 
All the flowers are handmade using the Spellbinders Rose Creation die.  The lace in the pictures belonged to my husbands late Grandmother and I thought this would be a lovely way to use it.  She really did like handmade things.
 
 
  This one is a bird/fairy house and I have added some bunting to this to decorate along with some punched butterflies.
 
Again I have used the Rose Creation die along with some rolled flowers and lots of sequins.


 

10 comments:

  1. Dawn.... great projects !!!
    Love it !
    Ineke X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Love the designs.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen book folding before, but never with embellishments - these are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn they are both stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing...what beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Dawn! These are amazing and so beautiful.
    Heike xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love this I have seen these at the school when the children make them, I am going to have a go at this

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are fab, Dawn! Really lush and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete