Friday, January 8, 2016

Elemental Inspiration

 
Happy New Year!!!
 
This is my first post after the Christmas holidays and I hope you all had a lovely time.
Its also the first challenge of 2016 from Daring Cardmakers.  As its the first Friday of the month after the break we have a lovely Elemental Inspiration challenge for you.
 
Jo our lovely host this week has picked the gorgeous picture below.
Remember to use at least 3 elements. 
 
 
The elements I have used are:
colours - I just love the pop of red
sequins
heart and stars
corrugated card to match the cupcake cases.
ric rac ribbon
glitter card
 
I have used a lot of elements this time but as you can see in the picture there are a few to choose from.
 
 
I have used a star embossing folder which I purchase from my lovely friend at Kerudoc Creation and embossed the stars onto white corrugated card.  I have also used some Tim Holtz dies to create the scalloped edges along with a piece of ric rac.

 
I have also included my favourite die!! The sentiment is from a selection at Pink Petticoat and I have finished with some sequins.
 
Don't forget to stop by the Design Team Blogs for more inspiration.
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Love this, Dawn. The stars are fantastic and work brilliantly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can nerver get enough of your lovely stars! They look awesome in these colours and with the other elements you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card, Dawn - the stars look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Dawn! Good to see you putting the crafty supplies to good use: I recognise that embossing folder :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Karen I will include a link to show where I bought it from

      Delete