Friday, August 14, 2015

Talking Texture

I am a little late with this post but today a new dare started over at Daring Cardmakers. This time its all about texture on your cards.

Kathy is this weeks host and she wants to see lots of texture on your creations.  This could be fabrics, metal, cork, leather anything to make your card interesting to touch.

This is what I came up with.  And yes its Christmas!!

 
For my touchy feely bit I have used some pom pom trim, lace, the snowflake is cut from glittered foam and my ribbon is all glittery too.

 
The papers and sentiment I have used are from Pink Petticoat.  I also just love my Stampin Up star framlits at the moment so I mounted the snowflake onto one cut from glitter card.  Which is hard to see in the photo.
 
I picked the colours of the card to match the challenge over at Merry Monday which was to use pastels.
 
 

Don't forget to stop by the Design Team blogs for more lovely inspiration.



6 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Dawn! Love the soft pastel colors, the papers and your pretty snowflake! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, I just love all the wonderful elements you added - great design!! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi dawn ... super little touchy feely card lots to look at ... well done ... hope you have a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love this sparkly pink snowflake, Dawn! Beautiful use of pastels! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, love the layout and texture. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you achieved so much amazing texture on your beautiful Christmas card, Dawn, but still kept the colors pastel! It's gorgeous! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me some love so I could return the compliment. It's a pleasure to meet you and become your newest follower and I'd love to have you pop back and join me as a follower, too! Enjoy your day! I hope to see you again soon! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete