Friday, February 1, 2013

A Blue Cherry on Top

I saw this lovely sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches and thought I would combine it with the colour challenge at Divas By Design which is blue, brown and cream.

Here is the sketch:

I found it so difficult to make as it needed to be CAS and my cards aren't clean and simple.  I also wanted to make the card for a male and yet again found this hard.  I cannot make a card without adding extra embellishments so I ended up adding a flower, so is it still a male card?

 
I have added a few glossy accents to the ice cream and to go with the colour scheme I made my cherry blue!!  I think a pop of red would have been nice but thought I better keep within the colour scheme, I will maybe do that next time.
 
 
Enjoy your weekend!!!

5 comments:

  1. Yummy card! I love the colors! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn! This is a great card! I love that crimped tag - that is so perfect for masculine cards! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card and thank you for sharing it with us at Diva's by Design.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card! I love the color scheme and that flower is exquisite! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card for our colour combi challenge....thanks for sharing with Divas by Design!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete